Student Visa Requirements | Study Abroad Education Consultants

Many international students studying abroad in Canada will want to work during their time spent studying in the country. For these students, it is important to be aware of the rules that regulate them under their Study Permit when it comes to work.

If you are enrolled full-time in an academic, professional or vocational training program at a designated learning institution you have part time working rights. It means that you can work for 20 hours per week during your school terms and full time when you are on holidays.

You can work for any employer in Canada who is not on the ineligible employer list. Is also good to know about the minimum hourly wage rates in some of Canada’s Provinces, as per January 2019 the minimum wages are: Ontario $14, Quebec $12, British Columbia $12.65, Alberta $15.

Travel, Exchange, Education
Living Abroad
Previous Entries
Next Entries
Recommended Posts